Thursday 2 August 2012

flamingo

Remember my post about the faith hope and charity shopping swap? Well this is part of the package I sent my partner. She has a passion for flamingos but I wanted to stitch something a bit more interesting than a plain flamingo so I designed this. It was fun adding all the little details and I wanted it to look a little like an old fashioned portrait. 
The way it is filled with lots of little lines is starting to become my go-to fill when I'm doing surface embroidery. I just like the way it looks- like an old woodcut illustration. I have used a similar technique in my piece for the Phat Quarter swap, which I will show you once my partner receives it!!

2 comments:

  1. i'm in love with this flamingo, so feminine and fancy :) also the fill stitch is a gorgeous effect!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you