Tuesday 20 November 2012

Urban Threads embroidery

I finished this piece I was making from an urban threads pattern. I don't often use patterns but actually really like some of the urban threads patterns. The subject matter and tattoo style of this appealed to me- I used to stitch a lot of tattoo flash. I think I might do some more tattoo style pieces soon. The strong outlines and solid fills work well for embroidery. I thought this would look good framed up in my bathroom!
Christmas seems to be creeping up on me- There is absolutely loads I want to make; some more decorations, stockings for the boys, a few gifts and christmassy pillowcases. I will be working hard over the next few weeks and am not sure I'll get everything done. How are your Christmas crafts coming on?


2 comments:

  1. This is so awesome! Is it all stitched by hand? I have only done cross stitching until now but I would love to do something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That will look fantastic in the bathroom. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you